A guide to Live Dealer Poker tables and casinos
Live casino games have been growing in popularity amongst PA players, including live dealer poker.
Here, we’ll guide you through some tips and tricks on how to beat the House, the different variants of live poker available in PA, and which of PA’s top online casinos you can play the game.
What Are the best casinos to play Live Poker in Pennsylvania?
Players can head to the online casino and choose between different tournaments or real money poker games. You can access all kinds of online poker games from the desktop site or the PokerStars mobile app.
Sign up to PokerStars PA today and receive $30 for free after you deposit $20 or more! You’ll get $10 in tournament tickets and $20 as a bonus to use at different tables.
Use the promo code FREE300 upon registering.
PA players can now enjoy daily $10,000 tournaments at Borgata Poker!
Currently, new players who register at Borgata Poker can take advantage of two exciting welcome packages:
- $25 no deposit bonus + 100% match bonus up to $600
- $50 match deposit bonus using code PAPOKERDEP50GET50 (valid through May 8, 2021)
Borgata Online also has one of the best mobile apps available, meaning PA poker players can enjoy gameplay on their mobile devices from any location.
BetMGM Poker and Borgata Poker currently operate on the same platform called PartyPoker, so players can expect to find the same great daily/weekly tournaments and promotions.
Is playing Poker online legal in Pennsylvania?
Online poker is legal at any online casino licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Offshore and illegal casinos are not held to the same high standard, so you will never see such sites listed on our pages.
Is Poker Online rigged?
Online poker games are not rigged thanks to the Random Number Generators (RNG) software online casino game providers use.
RNG’s keep each game fair by randomizing the outcome. A big company, like PokerStars, is not going to risk losing a $10 million license and reputation off of one faulty game.
Many game providers, like Evolution and NetEnt, have their games evaluated by third-party agencies like eCOGRA. These agencies check all RNG software and live casino equipment to certify the game’s fairness.
Why Play Poker at an online casino?
There are many reasons to play online instead of at the land-based venue.
Live Dealer Poker VS Online Poker Rooms
|Live Dealer Poker||Online Poker Rooms|
|Play from any location||✔||✔|
Play from any location
Thanks to mobile casino apps, players can now play their favorite poker games on their mobile devices from any location.
PA players can play at home, the coffee shop, the sports bar, or wherever else they may be so long as they have access to a strong wifi connection.
This also allows players to go at their own pace and save money on travel, parking, and accommodations usually spent at a brick and mortar casinos.
PA players can take advantage of some of the best poker welcome bonuses available in the US.
These welcome packages allow players to save a little money when trying out a new casino or game.
All of the poker-centric casinos provide returning players with regular ongoing promotions to enjoy. Players can expect to find match deposit bonuses, leaderboards, daily prizes, and more.
Live casino games seek to give PA players the ultimate casino experience via their laptop or mobile device. It has everything you love about land-based casinos within a virtual format.
There are tournaments for every type of poker player in Pennsylvania. PA players can enjoy daily tournaments with low buy-ins or enjoy more high-stakes weekly tournaments.
Live Dealer Poker – Online experience of a classic game
Thanks to advances in gaming technology, live poker can give PA players all the things they love at land-based casinos within a virtual platform.
This section will discuss the differences between live dealer poker and RNG virtual poker. Which one you choose is solely dependent on your preferences in gameplay.
Difference between Live Dealer Poker and Virtual Poker
|Live Dealer Poker||Virtual Poker|
|Live human dealer on camera||Virtual RNG dealer|
|Social experience||Solo gameplay or with friends|
|Outcome determined by hand-shuffled cards||Cards “dealt” by RNG software|
|Demo mode is unavailable||Demo mode is availabe|
Live Poker Tables
Live poker tables are streamed directly from a professional studio to your device in real-time.
You’ll join a live table, and the dealer will start the game. You will only be playing versus the dealer, not other online players.
Live poker tables are meant to provide the total casino experience virtually.
Virtual Online Poker Games
Virtual poker allows you to play against other players and uses RNG software to randomize game outcomes.
Virtual poker has more aspects similar to a video game as all aspects of gameplay are digital.
How to play Live Poker?
Playing live poker in PA is easy! Here’s all you have to do:
- Find your favorite top online PA casino that offers live poker games.
- Register as a new player by creating an account.
- Opt-in to any poker bonuses/promotions available.
- Make a deposit.
- Find your poker table and start playing!
3 important tips to know before playing Poker Online
Here are our top three tips every player should know before betting real money with online poker:
1. Master the rules, positions, and poker hands
Every player should understand basic terminology and the rules of the game before they start playing.
The game’s objective is to beat the hand(s) of the dealer/other players.
Here’s a list of the most common hands in poker:
- Royal Flush: This is the unbeatable hand and what every poker player wants to see! This hand is made up of the three face cards (Jack, Queen, King), an ace, and a 10, all in the same suit.
- Straight Flush: In the case of a tie, flash five cards in the same suit following a sequence.
- Full House: Out of five cards, three must have the same value, and the other two must be a pair following one of the suits displayed on one of the other three cards.
- Four of a Kind: A hand with four cards that have the same value. If another player has the same hand as you, you will each take the fifth card in your hand, and the win will go to the player with the higher card (referred to as the “kicker”).
- Straight: Five cards that don’t have to follow the same suit but need to be in sequence with each other.
- Flush: Five random cards that follow the same suit.
- Two Pair: Two pairs, the highest one will win in the event of a tie.
- Three of a Kind: Three cards with the same value.
The actual play of the game can vary based upon which version of poker you prefer to play.
However, you should have a clear understanding of the term “blinds.” The blinds are the two players closest to the dealer. They must always place a wager. Once the blinds have placed their bets, the rest may decide to call, raise, or fold. These terms are explained in the next section below.
2. Understand the key concepts of a Poker Strategy
You will need to know the following terminology to play poker successfully:
- Fold: Folding in online poker usually happens when you don’t believe your hand is strong enough to compete with the others, and you aren’t ready to take chances by bluffing. When you want to cut your losses and call it a day, you fold.
- Check: This term is used to see what’s going to happen in the game. Will other players raise, or will they fold? During online poker, you’ll be able to select this option with a button at the table. In real life, it’s usually indicated by hitting the table with your knuckles.
- Raise: You’re raising your bet at the online poker table. Depending on the table you’re playing at, there could be different restrictions on how much you can raise.
- Bluff: If a player is “bluffing,” it means they are attempting to trick the other players into believing their cards are something they are not. For example, a player with a poor hand might raise the pot to bluff other players into folding.
- Call: If a player calls, it means matching the wager of another player rather than raising the pot.
- Limp: A limp is when a player makes the smallest wager allowed to stay in the game.
- Flop/Preflop: The preflop is the first round of cards being dealt to each player. Once all wagers are made, the flop happens (three cards representing the House’s hand will be displayed). Players will again have to complete wagering decisions. When the fourth card for the House is displayed, it is known as the turn. And the fifth card is known as the river.
3. Choose the best Online Poker providers before you start playing
In PA, players will find most RNG games to be provided by NetEnt, and nearly all live poker games are provided by Evolution. The variant you choose is up to you.
Live Dealer Poker Variants
The most popular live poker games in PA include variations of:
- Texas Hold’Em
How to improve your game
- Play responsibly: Playing online casino games is meant to be fun. We encourage all players to play responsibly with both their time and their budgets.
- Learn & Understand the concept of Game Theory Optimal (GTO): GTO is a strategy players use in No Hold’em Poker. The concept requires using math-based models to make your hands “unreadable” to the other players. It’s easier said than done, but if successful could significantly improve your win rate.
- Play fewer hands and play them aggressively: Like Kenny Rogers told us, “You gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em.” It’s critical to know what the right call is based on the hand you have versus the flop.
- Analyze your opponents: Watch how the other players play, observe when they raise/call/fold, etc. This will help you find and exploit any tells (weaknesses) your opponents may have.
- Practice for free: Play all RNG games in Demo Mode first before you start wagering real money. Demo Mode allows you to practice for free. Note, however, that live poker games are not available in Demo Mode as they are played in real-time.
- Watch streamers to discover new tips: Watch professionals on their live streams to learn new tips and tricks to improve your overall game. Here are a few we recommend:
Playing Live Dealer Poker on your phone
Download the mobile casino app of your favorite PA casino!
PA players who use mobile apps and turn on push notifications get all the updates on the latest poker tournaments and promotions instantly.
Remember, you will need an excellent data plan or a strong wifi connection to stream mobile casino games to your device.
Play Live Poker or RNG Poker: The Choice is Yours
PA players have excellent poker options to choose from. You’ll find live casino or RNG poker variants at most of the top casinos in the state.
Most games will be provided by NetEnt or Evolution.
These three casinos cater specifically to poker players:
You’ll find excellent welcome bonuses, regular promos, and plenty of tournaments to enjoy.
As always, play responsibly and have fun!