Skrill – A Solid E-Wallet With Several Advantages
Skrill, formerly called Moneybookers, was established in 2001. Now it’s part of the PaySafe Group, including its competitor, Neteller. Since the e-wallet world is constantly evolving, this sector is very competitive.
Although they all look similar on the surface, usage, acceptance, commissions, and other factors play a critical role in what’s the most appropriate e-wallet for each player.
What Are The Top 5 Skrill Casinos?
Internationally, online casinos accepting Skrill are plentiful, but not many US sites use it.
However, I found a very reputable and popular casino, Borgata Online, which accepts Skrill in the USA. Our casino reviews page features other sites if you are interested, but you will need to opt for a different payment method.
Why Does Skrill Work In Casinos?
Skrill goes way back as an e-wallet and is increasingly popular with online casino players as a payment method. It established itself as a well-known player in the gambling world thanks in no small part to sponsorships, such as sponsoring the European Poker Tour in 2011 and 2013.
It is hugely successful, with over 2,000 employees and 40 million customers from 200 countries. Why is that? Deposit and withdrawal speeds, for one, are very fast.
Is It Safe To Pay With Skrill At An Online Casino?
Skrill is a safe choice when paying in online casinos.
- Skrill is a reputable e-wallet service provider which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Skrill abides by strict safety protocols, including using the latest technology to avoid fraud. Regular audits also ensure that your money is treated with total confidentiality and security.
- All the casinos I review also comply with this and have advanced features such as 128-bit encryption.
- An important point to note is that casinos must comply with a scheme called Know Your Customer or KYC. The EU enacted this in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- All the casinos I promote are reputable sites that use reliable payment methods.
How To Use Skrill At Online Casinos?
This payment method is simple to use. Once you create your account, you can select it as your preferred transaction method in your Skrill casino of choice.
Skrill Casino Fees on deposits and withdrawals
Luckily, most casinos don’t charge extra fees for using Skrill as a deposit payment method. Be sure to check the terms of each Skrill casino when in doubt. That said, Skrill does charge fees when withdrawing funds.
Deposit and withdraw your winnings using Skrill
Being an e-wallet, using this method to deposit and withdraw money is fast and straightforward. Here are the steps for deposits and withdrawals in your favorite Skrill casino:
- Go to the deposit section in your Skrill casino account
- Select Skrill and log into your account
- Enter your amount. That’s all there is to it.
You can pay with your Skrill account balance or any associated methods and withdraw money from Skrill to different payment methods, such as a bank account.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Skrill At Online Casinos
Skrill gives you many benefits, but there are some drawbacks as well. Here’s an overview of the most critical factors:
|No fees for deposits||4% commission if currency exchange if necessary|
|Secure with the latest anti-fraud tools||Not as widespread as other methods, such as credit cards|
|Near-instant deposits and withdrawals|
Skrill vs Other Payment Methods
This e-wallet has many advantages compared to well-established payment methods like MasterCard. For instance, you need not divulge your card details to the operator.
Cryptocurrencies are another popular choice among modern players. However, Skrill also lets you trade crypto. You can purchase crypto and pay, all on one platform.
PayPal is its main competitor. However, a Skrill casino has some advantages. One of the most important is fewer fees when paying online. Here are some features of the most popular payment methods:
|Fees when funding account||✖||✖||✖||✔|
|Widely available at online casinos||✖||✔||✔||✖|
What If I Have Any Issues When Using Skrill At Online Casinos?
You might encounter some issues when using your e-wallet at online casinos. For example, an error might prevent you from withdrawing. Here’s what you need to do in some common scenarios:
- I can’t withdraw my winnings.
Make sure you aren’t subject to any wagering requirements or other issues by checking the site’s terms. If not, contact the casino support team.
- I can’t remove Skrill from my account.
Removing your payment details should be effortless, but sometimes platforms have issues which can prevent you from doing this. Contact the Skrill casino support team.
- I can’t verify my Skrill account.
If you have any technical issues verifying your Skrill account, the best course of action is to contact Skrill support.
- I can’t change my Skrill account details.
If the Skrill casino allows you to save your account details and you can’t change them, please get in touch with their support team first.
- I can’t deposit with Skrill.
Check if you have available funds and payment methods associated with your account. If yes, contact Skrill support.
Are There Other Considerations Before Choosing Skrill?
The better informed you are, the better chances you have of choosing a payment method that includes everything you need. Here are some recommendations:
- Check if Skrill is excluded from the payment methods available for the bonuses you want to claim.
- Make sure you can withdraw your winnings using Skrill.
- Consider the fees Skrill charges for withdrawing.
- Never use false information when opening your account. You will need to verify this information eventually.
- Skrill is not always available as a payment method in online casinos. Be sure your chosen casino accepts it.
Skrill Is A Recommended E-Wallet For Online Casinos
Skrill is a solid choice when analyzing e-wallets. It offers everything its competitors offer, but with fewer fees in most cases. It’s also easy to use anywhere in the world, fast, convenient, and lets you pay with other payment methods.
The fact that casinos generally don’t charge fees for using it is also an advantage. However, it’s not widely available in online US casinos yet.