As land-based casinos began reopening in April, online casinos continued to see record revenues.
Online casinos in PA saw significant growth during April. Revenue from online slots increased 129.2% ($75.4 million), while table games brought in $27.6 million, increasing 812%.
With April’s numbers in, market analysts are saying that Pennsylvania’s iGaming industry is on par with New Jersey’s. In fact, prospects are looking brighter for PA as NJ’s market is now being seen as “saturated.”
Casino Rankings for April 2021
Here are the casino rankings for April 2021 in terms of total revenue:
- Hollywood Casino – Hollywood, DraftKings, BetMGM combined = $35,966,200
- Rivers Philadelphia – SugarHouse, BetRivers, Borgata Poker combined = $30,391,067
- Valley Forge – FanDuel = $15,960,286
- Mount Airy – PokerStars = $9,168,267
- Parx – Parx = $5,724,081
- Mohegan Sun – Unibet = $2,883,228
- Wind Creek – Wind Creek = $1,962,398
- Harrah’s – Caesars = $1,854,717
- Live Philadelphia – PlayLive! = $895,595
- Presque Isle – TwinSpires = $665,577
Overall, the iGaming industry continues to see record highs in revenue.
How does this benefit the people of PA?
The total tax revenue brought in for Pennsylvania in April came to $38.6 million. This revenue is used to support all of the following for all Pennsylvanians:
- Local and county governments
- the horse racing industry
- economic development and tourism efforts
- a State Gaming Fund which provides revenues to school districts